Chicago Fire Competition
NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the State of Illinois, who are (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees (and their immediate families or those living in the same household) of Michael Hill International Pty Ltd ("Sponsor") its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, parent and related companies, suppliers, printers and advertising, promotional and judging agencies are not eligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and limitations and prohibitions. By entering, you agree to these OFFICIAL RULES.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Sweepstakes begins at 10:00 a.m. CST on September 25th and ends at 9:00 p.m. CST on October 8, 2017 (the "Entry Period"). You may enter this Sweepstakes via either the eligible credit card application, in-store or mail-in entry methods described below. Regardless of entry method you may enter only once for the Sweepstakes. All entries must be received by 9:00 p.m. CST of the last day of the Sweepstakes, i.e. October 8, 2017, whether deposited at a Michael Hill store (addresses noted below) or mailed. Proof of depositing entry in mail is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Illegible, incomplete and duplicate entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted from post office boxes. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- CREDIT CARD APPLICATION METHOD: Beginning on September 25th, 2017 you may visit any of the following Michael Hill Store locations; Michael Hill Stratford Square located at 152 Stratford Square, Bloomingdale, Illinois 60108, Michael Hill Yorktown located at 203 Yorktown Shopping Center Corner Highland, Avenue & Butterfield Rd., Lombard, Illinois 60418, Michael Hill Harlem & Irving Plaza located at Harlem & Irving Plaza, 4104 North Harlem, Norridge, Illinois 60706, Michael Hill Oakbrook located at 100 Oakbrook Center, Oakbrook, Illinois 60523, Michael Hill Orland Square located at 288 Orland Square Dr., Orland Park, Illinois 60462, Michael Hill Woodfield Mall located at 5 Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg, Illinois 60173 and enter the sweepstakes by signing up and completing an eligible credit card application for the Michael Hill Card during the promotion entry period.
- IN-STORE ENTRY METHOD: Beginning on September 25th, 2017 you may enter the Sweepstakes by completing an Official Entry form (including your name, age, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, and e-mail address [if applicable]), available, while supplies last at one of the following Michael Hill Store. locations; Michael Hill Stratford Square located at 152 Stratford Square, Bloomingdale, Illinois 60108, Michael Hill Yorktown located at 203 Yorktown Shopping Center Corner Highland, Avenue & Butterfield Rd., Lombard, Illinois 60418, Michael Hill Harlem & Irving Plaza located at Harlem & Irving Plaza, 4104 North Harlem, Norridge, Illinois 60706, Michael Hill Oakbrook located at 100 Oakbrook Center, Oakbrook, Illinois 60523, Michael Hill Orland Square located at 288 Orland Square Dr., Orland Park, Illinois 60462, Michael Hill Woodfield Mall located at 5 Woodfield Mall, Schaumburg, Illinois 60173 and depositing it in the sweepstakes entry box.
- MAIL-IN ENTRY METHOD: Alternatively, you may enter the Sweepstakes without visiting the store by hand-printing the words "Michael Hill Chicago Fire" Sweepstakes, your name, age, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, and e-mail address (if applicable) on a 3" x 5" card and mailing it in an envelope to: "Michael Hill Chicago Fire" Sweepstakes, c/o Michael Hill, 2015 Spring Road, Suite 270, Oakbrook, Illinois 60523.
3. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: There will be one (1) Grand Prize awarded. The Grand Prize consists solely of two (2) tickets to the Chicago Fire vs Philadelphia Union match at Toyota Park in Bridgeview, Il on Saturday, October 15, 2017; one (1) $100 gift card to cover parking and food, one (1) $50 gas card to cover gas usage to get to and from the game in Bridgeview. The winner is responsible for their own transportation. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $300. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner may be required to complete and return an IRS W-9 form (i.e. Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification).
4. RANDOM DRAWING: On or about October 9th, 2017 Sponsor or an independent judging agency will select 1 entry(s) for the Grand Prize described in Section 3 in a random drawing of all valid entries received. The entrant(s) will be contacted using their phone and/or email address provided and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules). Sponsor's decision as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner is final and binding. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within 48 hours of notification will result in disqualification. The odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period.
5. PRIZE CONDITIONS: No substitution for any prize will be permitted. Prize is not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. Winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release, where legal, before claiming prize. Failure to return all required documents may result in the Winner being disqualified and an alternate Winner selected. If a prize notification is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable or if an entrant is found to be ineligible or declines acceptance of the Prize for any reason, an alternate Winner will be selected. By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Prize, Winner and entrant hereby consent (except where prohibited by law) to the reasonable use by Sponsor of the Winners' and entrants' photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, hometown address, contents of the entry form and the name and age of the Winners and entrants without any further compensation for any future promotional activity related to this Sweepstakes.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes and are equal regardless of method of entry.
7. CONDUCT OF PARTICIPATION: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant affirms that he or she has read and agrees to abide by the Official Sweepstakes Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant acting in violation of the Official Rules or found tampering with the entry process. The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States and, by entering, all Winners and entrants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and each of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; printing or other errors; and any entries or mail which are late, lost, delayed, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, postage due or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes in the event that it becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated early, a winner will be selected from all eligible entries received at the time of termination.
9. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, Winner and entrants agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and each of its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims made by the Winner, entrants or any other third parties related in any way to the operation of this Sweepstakes, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes.
10. SWEEPSTAKES RESULTS: For an Official Winners List (available after October 11, 2017) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: "Michael Hill Chicago Fire" Sweepstakes - WINNERS - or - OFFICIAL RULES (please specify), c/o Michael Hill, 2015 Spring Road, Suite 270, Oakbrook, Illinois 60523.
All requests must be received by December 1, 2017. Official Rules also available at all Michael Hill Illinois store locations.
12. SPONSOR: Michael Hill International Pty Ltd, 7 Smallwood Place, Murarrie QLD 4172 Brisbane, Australia.
The Chicago Fire Soccer Club is not a Sponsor of this Sweepstakes and their name and logo are being used with permission.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.